L.A. Hollinger, M.D. Scholarship
The L.A. Hollinger, M.D. Scholarship was established to honor Dr. Hollinger’s contributions as a physician, educator, and colleague. The scholarship promotes his strong commitment to education with an emphasis on continually improving patient care and supporting future nurses and respiratory therapists. The scholarship is awarded to those who are currently pursuing a Nursing or Respiratory Therapy undergraduate or graduate degree.
Respiratory students should submit their applications by May 15th. Nursing students will be considered only if they have received a Trinity Lutheran School of Nursing Scholarship. There is no need for nursing students to complete both applications.
Dr. Hollinger received his medical degree, did his residency and was a fellow at Kansas University School of Medicine. In 1967 he joined the staff of Baptist Medical Center. Through the years, Dr. Hollinger made significant personal and professional contributions not only to Baptist Medical Center but to the community as well.
Among those accomplishments:
- Founder and director of the Department of Pulmonary Medicine, 1967-1991
- Founder and director of Johnson County Community College School of
Respiratory Therapy, 1967-1991
- President of Baptist Medical Center Medical Staff, 1978-1979
- Vice-president of Medical Affairs at Baptist Medical Center, 1992-1993
- Baptist Medical Center Physician of the Year, 1977
- Baptist Medical Center Teacher of the Year, 1980 and 1986
It is our desire that the recipients of this scholarship continue Dr. Hollinger’s spirit
and dedication to the delivery of quality patient care.
You Can Make a Difference
The BTL Legacy Foundation depends on the donations of people like you to help us continue to meet the healthcare needs of our community. Click below to make a difference today!